View Archival institution
University of Saskatchewan Archives
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Other form(s) of name
Geographical and cultural context
Mandates/Sources of authority
- Archival: to acquire, preserve, and make accessible permanently valuable records of the University, its faculty, staff, students, alumni, and University-related organizations; and to support the research strengths of the University;
- Records Management: to provide advice and services relating to records and information management on campus.
Records management and collecting policies
The University of Saskatchewan Archives is responsible for acquiring, preserving, and making accessible permanently valuable records of the University: that is, records in any medium, of continuing administrative, legal, and/or historical value. In addition to administrative records, the Archives documents the institution by collecting the records of faculty, staff, students, alumni, and University-related organizations. The Archives also acquires private collections where these are viewed as supporting the research strengths of the University.
Extent: ca. 3200 linear metres
Inclusive dates: 1907-present (predominant)
Finding aids, guides and publications
University of Saskatchewan Archives Guide to Holdings, 1994. For current information, see the website.
Online databases and digital projects: Fonds/series database, photograph database Website includes exhibits / reference sites about U of S history:
- Deo et Patriae: Events in the History of the University of Saskatchewan;
- The Student Experience;
- Building the University of Saskatchewan;
- University History site including listings of former senior administrators, members of the Board of Governors, etc.;
- Databases of information about honorary degree recipients and World War One veterans; Directory of Archives in Saskatchewan, 2008 49
- Bibliographies and compilations of secondary sources about university history;
- More than 15 other exhibits showcasing various collections, e.g. Northern Research Portal, Saskatchewan Wheat Pool: A History in Pictures, Hans Gruen Postcard Collection, Frederic Harrison Edmunds: The Canadian Landscape, Hans S. Dommasch: Canada North of 60.
Access conditions and requirements
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
- Agriculture (Thematic area)
- Arts and Culture (Thematic area)
- Education (Thematic area)
- Recreation / Leisure / Sports (Thematic area)
- Science and Technology (Thematic area)
- City of Saskatoon (Geographic region)