Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité
Dénomination générale des documents
- Document textuel
Compléments du titre
Mentions de responsabilité du titre
Notes du titre
- Variations de titre: Previously identified as Yorkton Presbytery sub-series (A.381.XI.D.22).
Niveau de description
Zone de l'édition
Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition
Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents
Mention d'échelle (cartographique)
Mention de projection (cartographique)
Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)
Mention d'échelle (architecturale)
Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)
Zone des dates de production
- United Church of Canada Abernethy-Yorkton Presbytery
1925–1953, 1956–1987 (Production)
- United Church of Canada Yorkton Presbytery
Zone de description matérielle
Zone de la collection
Titre propre de la collection
Titres parallèles de la collection
Compléments du titre de la collection
Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection
Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection
Note sur la collection
Zone de la description archivistique
Nom du producteur
Yorkton Presbytery was one of the original 16 presbyteries established by the first General Council of the United Church of Canada (June 1925), to be part of the new Saskatchewan Conference. Initial boundaries were based on the previous Yorkton Presbytery, which had been part of the Presbyterian Synod of Saskatchewan. Prior to Union, in 1925, there had also been a Yorkton District, in the Saskatchewan Conference of the Methodist Church.
In 1953, pastoral charges from part of Abernethy Presbytery (east of Highway 35) were added and the combined presbytery was re-named Abernethy-Yorkton. In 1956, after a merger of Abernethy-Yorkton and Kamsack Presbyteries, the new combined body returned to the name Yorkton Presbytery. The name was changed to Parkland Presbytery in 1992.
In 2000, Saskatchewan Conference went from 10 presbyteries to 7, with each adopting a new name. Most pastoral charges from Parkland Presbytery became part of the new Good Spirit Presbytery.
Nom du producteur
Historique de la conservation
Most records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and the early 1990s. The original provenance is unclear, though administrative and committee records may have come directly from presbytery secretaries, committee members, delegates or other associated individuals.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Portée et contenu
The fonds consists of textual materials generated by Yorkton-Abernethy and Yorkton (later Parkland) Presbyteries, their secretaries, committees and related bodies, in fulfillment of their responsibilities, as outlined in the Manual of the United Church of Canada.
Contents include meeting minutes (1925-1987), correspondence, secretarial notebooks, property files, and documents relating to the Congregational Life and Work Committee.
Zone des notes
État de conservation
Source immédiate d'acquisition
Langue des documents