Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital

Zona de identificação

tipo de entidade

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada do nome

Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome

Forma normalizada do nome de acordo com outras regras

Outra(s) forma(s) do nome

identificadores para entidades coletivas

área de descrição

datas de existência

história

The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital was formed in 1907 "to forward the interests of the hospital in any way considered desirable by the Auxiliary." Membership of the Auxiliary was open to any woman upon enrolment of a membership fee of fifty cents, and Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Van Valkenburg (nee Chalmers) was named the first President. The Women's Auxiliary raised funds through membership fees, bridge parties, raffles, a Gift Cart, and teas at graduation, hospital days, and holidays. In return, the Auxiliary donated furniture and supplies to the hospital; donated subscriptions, flowers and drapes to the nurses' home; placed Christmas trees and flowers in the wards at Christmas; and placed handmade favours on patients' trays at Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. The Auxiliary awarded an annual prize in Obstetrical Nursing to a graduate of the School of Nursing. The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital disbanded in 1969.

Locais

status legal

funções, ocupações e atividades

Mandatos/Fontes de autoridade

Estruturas internas/genealogia

contexto geral

Área de relacionamento

Área de pontos de acesso

Ocupações

Zona do controlo

Identificador do registo de autoridade

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Estatuto

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Línguas e escritas

Script(s)

Fontes

Notas de manutenção

  • Área de transferência

  • Exportar

  • EAC