Forme autorisée du nom
Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital
Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital was formed in 1907 "to forward the interests of the hospital in any way considered desirable by the Auxiliary." Membership of the Auxiliary was open to any woman upon enrolment of a membership fee of fifty cents, and Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Van Valkenburg (nee Chalmers) was named the first President. The Women's Auxiliary raised funds through membership fees, bridge parties, raffles, a Gift Cart, and teas at graduation, hospital days, and holidays. In return, the Auxiliary donated furniture and supplies to the hospital; donated subscriptions, flowers and drapes to the nurses' home; placed Christmas trees and flowers in the wards at Christmas; and placed handmade favours on patients' trays at Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. The Auxiliary awarded an annual prize in Obstetrical Nursing to a graduate of the School of Nursing. The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital disbanded in 1969.