Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital

Área de identidad

Tipo de entidad

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada del nombre

Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre

Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas

Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre

Identificadores para instituciones

Área de descripción

Fechas de existencia

Historia

The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital was formed in 1907 "to forward the interests of the hospital in any way considered desirable by the Auxiliary." Membership of the Auxiliary was open to any woman upon enrolment of a membership fee of fifty cents, and Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Van Valkenburg (nee Chalmers) was named the first President. The Women's Auxiliary raised funds through membership fees, bridge parties, raffles, a Gift Cart, and teas at graduation, hospital days, and holidays. In return, the Auxiliary donated furniture and supplies to the hospital; donated subscriptions, flowers and drapes to the nurses' home; placed Christmas trees and flowers in the wards at Christmas; and placed handmade favours on patients' trays at Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. The Auxiliary awarded an annual prize in Obstetrical Nursing to a graduate of the School of Nursing. The Women's Auxiliary of the Regina General Hospital disbanded in 1969.

Lugares

Estatuto jurídico

Funciones, ocupaciones y actividades

Mandatos/fuentes de autoridad

Estructura/genealogía interna

Contexto general

Área de relaciones

Access points area

Occupations

Área de control

Identificador de registro de autoridad

Identificador de la institución

Reglas y/o convenciones usadas

Estado de elaboración

Nivel de detalle

Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

Idioma(s)

Escritura(s)

Fuentes

Notas de mantención

  • Portapapeles

  • Exportar

  • EAC