Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Woman’s Association, Saskatchewan Conference sub-series (A.381.XIII).
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- United Church Woman’s Association, Saskatchewan Conference
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The United Church Woman's Association (WA) in Saskatchewan appears to have been formed by the 1950s, or possibly earlier. It primarily operated in local and presbytery-level units before the organization of the national-level Dominion Council of the Woman's Association, in 1940. Efforts of the WA generally supported the local church and community, while other organizations focused on education and world mission programs.
In 1962, United Church WMS and WA organizations across the country amalgamated to form the United Church Women (UCW). Presbyterial and local groups developed along similar lines to national bodies, becoming local and presbyterial UCW units in January 1962.
Records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1953 and 1986. Their original provenance is unclear.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material