Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Wilkie Presbytery sub-series (A.381.XI.D.21).
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- United Church of Canada Wilkie Presbytery
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Wilkie Presbytery was one of the original 16 presbyteries established by the first General Council of the United Church of Canada (June 1925), to be part of the new Saskatchewan Conference. Initial boundaries were based on the previous Wilkie Presbytery, which had been part of the Presbyterian Synod of Saskatchewan. Prior to Union, in 1925, there had also been a Wilkie District, in the Saskatchewan Conference of the Methodist Church.
In 1961, the presbytery officially amalgamated with Battleford Presbytery, except for two pastoral charges (Biggar and Springwater), which became part of Rosetown Presbytery.
Most records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986, with later additions brought in between ca.1990 and 2011. Their original provenance is unclear, though administrative and committee records may have come directly from presbytery secretaries, committee members, delegates or other associated individuals.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material