Archief Fonds 119 - University of Saskatchewan Faculty Club fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

University of Saskatchewan Faculty Club fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

Fonds 119

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1927-1977 (Vervaardig)

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

76.2 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

Institutionele geschiedenis

Talk of starting a Faculty Club at the University of Saskatchewan started in 1921, but a club was not established until 1927. The centre for the club was a reading room in the administration building; and the club's major purpose became sponsoring a series of lectures by faculty members. Until 1947 it was for males only with the exception of one open meeting per year. Slowly, over the years, the club was also opened to other than faculty members: in 1937, government researchers were allowed to join; as were 'senior administrative personnel' in 1959; and by 1962, a degree was no longer a requirement of membership. In 1962, the club moved into the dean of Agriculture's house (its current location). On 19 May 1962, it was decided not to sponsor any more papers. From that point onward the club began to concentrate on providing food and drink. By 1974, 'most administrative officers' were permitted to join. The faculty club became a restaurant and bar on campus that secretaries, janitors, and students could not join. [Hayden, p.219-220].

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

This fonds contains minutes, auditor's reports, and information concerning the Faculty Club facilities; as well as correspondence; material on nominations, elections, and staff; policy; and constitution and bylaws of the Club.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Finding aid available: file titles with descriptions.

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres