University of Regina. Dept. of Visual Arts

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

University of Regina. Dept. of Visual Arts

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The School of Art was established at Regina College in 1912. Mandate: The Dept is responsible for administering educational programs in the visual arts such as painting, sculpture, ceramics and art history. Administrative relationships: The School of Art was administered by the School of Fine Arts from 1936 to 1969 when the name changed to the Division of Fine Arts. In 1977 the Division of Fine Arts became the College of Fine Arts and in 1990 became the Faculty of Fine Arts. Names of the corporate bodies: In 1969 the School of Art became the Department of Visual Arts. Names of chief officers: Director of the School of Art: Ken Lochhead (1950-64), Art McKay (1965-66), Doug Morton (1968-71). Dean of Arts: Sir G. Edgar Vaughan (1969-74), R.R. Robinson (1974-75). Associate Dean of Fine Arts: R. Petrini Di Pistoja (1975-76), M.R. Scholar (1976-80).

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC