Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Saskatchewan Conference U.C.W. sub-series (A.381.XIV.A, C.1 and C.2).
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- United Church Women, Saskatchewan Conference
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The United Church Women (UCW) was formed in 1962, from an amalgamation of United Church Woman's Missionary Societies (WMS) and Woman's Association (WA) organizations, across the country. Existing Women's Federation (WF) groups were also incorporated into the UCW. Local and Presbytery-level groups developed along similar lines to national bodies, becoming local and presbyterial UCW units in January 1962.
In October 2012, Saskatchewan’s UCW Conference Coordinating Committee voted to disband and be replaced by the Women of the United Church of Canada Network. The mandate of the new network included communicating and supporting UCW activities.
Records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1961 and 1986. Their original provenance is unclear.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material