Primary contactProvincial Archives of Saskatchewan Murray Building, 3 Campus Drive, University of Saskatchewan
CA S7N 5A4
Saskatchewan Conference was one of 11 regional Conferences established by the United Church of Canada General Council, at their inaugural meeting, in June 1925. At its first meeting, in October, Saskatchewan Conference designated the Conference Archives, then located at St. Andrew's College (Saskatoon), as its official records repository and appointed the first Conference Archivist. The Archives remained at St. Andrew's College, through to the 1980s.
In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house the growing archival collections with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities for the records. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
The archival collection contains records of Methodist, Presbyterian, and Congregational Churches within Saskatchewan prior to 1925, and of the United Church of Canada after 1925. Included are records created by local congregations, such as registers of baptisms, marriages, and burials; historic membership rolls and communion rolls; general membership lists; minutes of church boards, committees, and organizations (including women's groups); printed annual reports of local congregations; congregational newsletters; local church histories; correspondence; and photographs. The collection also contains records created by the constituent Presbyteries of the Saskatchewan Conference and by the Conference itself, its staff, officers, committees, and task groups, as well as the personal papers and manuscripts of some associated individuals.
Inclusive dates: late 19th century-present