Title and statement of responsibility area
Tennis Club fonds
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
Title statements of responsibility
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
2 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
Open to faculty, staff and students, the Tennis Club was strictly a recreational club. Faculty were allowed the privilege of exclusive use of one tennis court in exchange for higher membership dues. A "Play Committee" consisting of three faculty and three students was established, to arrange for matches and tournaments, and to organize court use. Initial membership fees were $3.00 for male members of faculty; $0.50 for associate members; and $1.50 for ladies, students playing all summer, or any member of the faculty absent for 3 months while on vacation. Although the Tennis Club executive eventually expanded to include a "Social Committee," by 1946 increased court maintenance costs and greatly increased student enrollments forced the Club to "formally dissolve itself with the request that the University make arrangements for the future care and maintenance of the courts and the regulation and supervision of tennis on the campus."
Bereik en inhoud
Minutes of the club, including financial statements.
Directe bron van verwerving
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
File list available.