Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Open to faculty, staff and students, the Tennis Club was strictly a recreational club. Faculty were allowed the privilege of exclusive use of one tennis court in exchange for higher membership dues. A "Play Committee" consisting of three faculty and three students was established, to arrange for matches and tournaments, and to organize court use. Initial membership fees were $3.00 for male members of faculty; $0.50 for associate members; and $1.50 for ladies, students playing all summer, or any member of the faculty absent for 3 months while on vacation. Although the Tennis Club executive eventually expanded to include a "Social Committee," by 1946 increased court maintenance costs and greatly increased student enrollments forced the Club to "formally dissolve itself with the request that the University make arrangements for the future care and maintenance of the courts and the regulation and supervision of tennis on the campus."