Forme autorisée du nom
Stoney Creek S.D. #332
Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
The Stoney Creek S.D. #332 was started in 1904. Ben Rush, assisted by Fred Ashdown and Elmer Rush built the Stoney Creek school house at NW 29-45-18 W2nd. The first board of trustees for the school included: Ben Rush, George Scott, and John Ashdown. The Secretary-Treasurer was Herbert Mansell. Stoney Creek's first teacher was George Mackey who taught a class of sixteen students the school's opening year. The school house was a central part of the community. Often political meetings, concerts, church services, and social event were held there. In 1912 a barn was added to the school grounds and in 1938 a teacherage was built. An icehouse was in use during the school's early years, but was eventually sold in 1935. Stoney Creek school closed in 1964 and students from the district were bussed to Melfort, Saskatchewan to attend classes.