Stoney Creek S.D. #332

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Stoney Creek S.D. #332

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Stoney Creek S.D. #332 was started in 1904. Ben Rush, assisted by Fred Ashdown and Elmer Rush built the Stoney Creek school house at NW 29-45-18 W2nd. The first board of trustees for the school included: Ben Rush, George Scott, and John Ashdown. The Secretary-Treasurer was Herbert Mansell. Stoney Creek's first teacher was George Mackey who taught a class of sixteen students the school's opening year. The school house was a central part of the community. Often political meetings, concerts, church services, and social event were held there. In 1912 a barn was added to the school grounds and in 1938 a teacherage was built. An icehouse was in use during the school's early years, but was eventually sold in 1935. Stoney Creek school closed in 1964 and students from the district were bussed to Melfort, Saskatchewan to attend classes.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC