Área de identidad
Tipo de entidad
Forma autorizada del nombre
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre
Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas
Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre
Identificadores para instituciones
Área de descripción
Fechas de existencia
On June 16, 1911 a municipal committee of five members petitioned the Minister of Municipal Affairs for authority to proceed with the organization of a rural municipality in the area in townships 43, 44, 45a and 45 in range 22 and townships 43, 44 and 45 in ranges 23 and 24, west of the second meridian. The area consisted of 326 square miles with a population of 372. The Minister of Municipal Affairs granted approval and the Rural Municipality of Invergordon No. 430 was incorporated on December 11, 1911 pursuant to the Municipalities Act. The first municipal council consisted of reeve David Sutherland and six councillors. The first secretary-treasurer was W.E. Brock. The rural municipality, located approximately 50 kilometres southeast of Prince Albert, encompasses the communities of Crystal Springs, Tway, Meskanaw and Yellow Creek.
The municipal office is located in Crystal Springs. The rural municipality is responsible for providing public utilities and services, such as water, sewage disposal, heat, electrical power and waste management. It is also responsible for preparing assessment rolls and financial statements; collecting taxes; maintaining roads; preventing cruelty to animals and passing and enforcing by-laws. The municipality is currently (2009) administered by a reeve, six councillors and an administrator. The Council meeting is held on the second Wednesday of the month. The current population is 570.