Archief MJ-014 - Quincy Ladies Aid fonds

Original Digitaal object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Quincy Ladies Aid fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

MJ-014

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1941-1968 (Vervaardig)
    Vervaardig
    Quincy Ladies Aid

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

7.25 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1941-1974)

Institutionele geschiedenis

The Quincy District is approximately twenty miles south of Moose Jaw on Highway #2 at what is known as Conn's Corners. The main influx of settlers took place between 1906-1910. Quincy School was built in 1909 on land donated by Nicholas Good and opened in 1910. The building was replaced in 1929. Church services were held in the school during the summer months. When the school closed in 1941, the women of the district, informally organized, became caretakers of the building. In addition to church services, dances, teas, meetings, bingos, community suppers, and Community College classes were held. In 1961 the ladies group officially organized as the Quincy Ladies Aid. They purchased the school building and had electricity installed. In 1974 when church services ceased, the function of the group as a supportive organization was no longer required and they reorganized as a community club. In 1983, the school was declared a heritage site

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

This fonds consists of series of minute books and a cash book of the Quincy Ladies Aid. Also included are memos pertaining to the sale of a portion of the Quincy school land. It was sold to the province for the widening of a highway.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Accession Number 14.BA donated to the archives by the Quincy Ladies through Mrs. E. Hill.

Accession 17.2018 was donated to the archives by Elizabeth Seitz of the University of Regina in September 2013.

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Finding aids and file list available. See attached finding aid.

Uploaded finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

No further accruals expected.

Conservation

This fonds was re-boxed in 2004.

Location note

Boxes V-4, H-4, OS-1

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Digitaal object (Master) rights area

Digitaal object (Referentie) rights area

Digitaal object (Thumbnail) rights area

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres