Title and statement of responsibility area
Quincy Ladies Aid fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Quincy Ladies Aid
Physical description area
7.25 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Quincy District is approximately twenty miles south of Moose Jaw on Highway #2 at what is known as Conn's Corners. The main influx of settlers took place between 1906-1910. Quincy School was built in 1909 on land donated by Nicholas Good and opened in 1910. The building was replaced in 1929. Church services were held in the school during the summer months. When the school closed in 1941, the women of the district, informally organized, became caretakers of the building. In addition to church services, dances, teas, meetings, bingos, community suppers, and Community College classes were held. In 1961 the ladies group officially organized as the Quincy Ladies Aid. They purchased the school building and had electricity installed. In 1974 when church services ceased, the function of the group as a supportive organization was no longer required and they reorganized as a community club. In 1983, the school was declared a heritage site
Scope and content
This fonds consists of series of minute books and a cash book of the Quincy Ladies Aid. Also included are memos pertaining to the sale of a portion of the Quincy school land. It was sold to the province for the widening of a highway.
Immediate source of acquisition
Accession Number 14.BA donated to the archives by the Quincy Ladies through Mrs. E. Hill.
Accession 17.2018 was donated to the archives by Elizabeth Seitz of the University of Regina in September 2013.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aids and file list available. See attached finding aid.
Uploaded finding aid
No further accruals expected.
This fonds was re-boxed in 2004.
Boxes V-4, H-4, OS-1