Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Woman’s Missionary Society, Presbyterian Church in Canada, Synod of Saskatchewan sub-series (A.381.VI.B and C).
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Presbyterian Woman’s Missionary Society, Synod of Saskatchewan
- Presbyterian Woman’s Missionary Society, Western Division
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Name of creator
Records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Their original provenance is unclear.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of records created by the Saskatchewan Synod branch of the Presbyterian WMS, its treasurers and members, as well as records from various Presbyterial WMS groups.
Contents include: branch meeting minutes (1924-1926); treasurer’s accounts (1914-1926); membership records of Junior and Life members; annual meeting programs (1915-1925); and a collection of materials assembled by Mary S. Scott McKechnie, the first president of the [Saskatchewan] Provincial WMS and of Qu’Appelle Presbytery WMS. The materials collected by McKechnie include: Presidential Addresses and Annual Reports of the Saskatchewan Presbyterian WMS (1915-1924); history of Presbyterian WMS, for Diamond Jubilee (ca.1924); WMS annual meeting programs (1916-1925); Qu’Appelle Presbyterial WMS annual reports (1907-1926); and copies of newsletters “Echo” (Qu’Appelle) and “Progress” (from the Regina Industrial School), along with photographs of pupils at File Hills school (1925), Round Lake School (no date), and Cote Day School (no date).
The collection also includes meeting minutes from WMS Presbyterial groups from Abernethy, Alameda, Prince Albert, Qu’Appelle, and Saskatoon.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material