Fonds Fonds 2021 - Office of Communications fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Office of Communications fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Fonds 2021

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1950-1994 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

8.8 m of textual records, graphic materials, and sound recordings

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

In January of 1950, the University of Saskatchewan made its first concerted effort to inform the people of Saskatchewan of "its progress and of the work that goes on inside its greystone buildings". For the next two years the Executive Assistant to the President, A.C. McEown, was responsible for the distribution of press releases. In 1952 the Public Relations Department was created and two years later was renamed the News Service Office. In 1964 the name of the department was changed again to News and Information. Publications, which had operated as a separate department, merged with News and Information in 1974 to become News and Publications. In 1989, the name was changed to Community Relations and again in 1992 to Public Relations. The Department is currently called the Office of Communications. The following have headed the department: A.C. McEown (1950-1952); F. Lovell (1952-1964); J. Campbell (1964-1989); D. Noakes (1989-1991); S. Cornforth (1992- ).

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains press releases issued by the department regarding a wide variety of University activities. Also included are: correspondence (1958-1972), news releases from Regina Campus (1968-1973); audio and video tapes of various campus events; and files related to general publicity and projects.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Access to files containing personal information about faculty, staff or students in restricted.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available: file title list only.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals expected

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area