Fonds MJ-046 - Moose Jaw Philharmonic Ladies Chorus fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Moose Jaw Philharmonic Ladies Chorus fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Sound recording

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

MJ-046

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1942-1979 (Creation)
    Creation
    Moose Jaw Philharmonic Ladies Chorus

Physical description area

Physical description

15.0 cm of textual records.
2 LP records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1937-1979)

Administrative history

The Moose Jaw Philharmonic Ladies Chorus formed in June 1937 as a successor to the Moose Jaw Philharmonic Society which had been formed several years earlier.

The results of the first election of officers was Miss Florence Johnstone - President; Mrs. E. W. Badger - Vice President; Miss Marjorie Horsefield - Secretary; Miss Lyla Hynes - Treasurer; Mrs. J. L. Hilton - Librarian; Mrs. G. Hall - Business Manager; Miss Mabel Bryce - Press Secretary; Mrs. Greenfield - Social Convener. Mr. Francis Stevenson was the first conductor.

The first concert was given in the Baptist Church. The choir sponsored a scholarship for the Moose Jaw Festival of Music. They won a number of awards in competition and recorded an album to tape in May? 1966 which was released in 1967?.

A final meeting was held on February 19, 1979 where a vote to disband was taken and all remaining funds were donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The records of this fonds consist of minutes, an attendance register, financial records and collected press materials relating to the activities of Moose Jaw Philharmonic Ladies Chorus.

Notes area

Physical condition

Press Secretary’s Binder [006] has numerous items scotch taped on pages. Tape has dried and is no longer holding items in place.

Immediate source of acquisition

Accession number 46.BA donated to the archives by Mrs. Ron McIntyre on behalf of former members.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Copyright may apply to LP record albums.

Finding aids

Finding aid and file list available. See attached finding aid.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Conservation

This fonds was re boxed and foldered in 2004. Sound recordings were digitized in 2018.

Location note

Boxes V-43, OS 8

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres