Fonds MJ-033 - Moose Jaw Normal School fonds

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Moose Jaw Normal School fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

MJ-033

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1928-1931 (Creation)
    Creation
    Moose Jaw Normal School
    Place
    Moose Jaw

Physical description area

Physical description

ca. 40 p. of textual records. The issues from 1928-1929 are printed on newsprint.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1927-1959)

Administrative history

The Moose Jaw Normal School opened in 1927. The normal schools in Moose Jaw and Regina, with their sister institution in Saskatoon were responsible for administering teacher education programs in the province. They reported to a superintendent of education in the Government of Saskatchewan., and later to the Deputy Minister of Education. Each normal school was organized separately under the control of a principal. The Student Assembly was made up of an executive body, various clubs and committees, and executive bodies for each class.
Originally called the Regina Provincial Normal School, the word "Provincial" was deleted when the Moose Jaw school opened. They became known as the Regina and Moose Jaw Normal Schools. In 1953, the Moose Jaw school was renamed the Saskatchewan Teachers College, Moose Jaw. It closed in 1959 and its operations were transferred to Regina. The Regina school closed in 1964 and its functions assumed by the University of Saskatchewan Regina Campus. From 1930 to 1959 the Moose Jaw Normal School was located in what is now the SIAST Palliser Campus in Moose Jaw.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds consists of 20 issues of "Normal Echoes", the official newsletter of the students' assembly of the Moose Jaw Normal School, published between 1928 and 1931. The inaugural issue of February 17, 1928 is included. The set is not complete.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Accession number 33.BA donated to the archives by unknown.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aids and file list available. See attached finding aid.

Uploaded finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Conservation

This fonds was re boxed and foldered in 2004.

Location note

Box V-24.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres