Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Women’s Missionary Society, Saskatchewan Branch, Methodist Church in Canada sub-series (A.381.III).
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Methodist Church Woman’s Missionary Society, Saskatchewan Branch
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986. Their original provenance is unclear.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of records created by the Saskatchewan Branch of the WMS, its circles and treasurers, as well as the WMS Battleford and Moosomin Districts.
Contents include: branch meeting minutes (1906-1926); treasurer’s accounts (1906-1926); circles and bands cash and treasurer’s books (1917-1926); financial records of funds from various districts (1916-1926). There are also minutes from meetings of WMS Battleford District (1920-1926) and WMS Moosomin District (1919-1926).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material