Fonds - Melfort Agricultural Society fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Melfort Agricultural Society fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1953-1968, predominant 1968 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

11 photographs : black and white

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Melfort Agricultural Society was formed in 1905 through the efforts of Dr. A. Shadd and the Melfort Board of Trade. The following people composed the first board: F. C. Grant- President, Jas. Cameron- First Vice-President, P. Aikenhead- Second Vice-President, I. A. Monsees- Secretary-Treasurer, and fifteen board members. The objectives of the society were to encourages improvements in agriculture, horticulture, arboriculture, homemaking, and manufacturing and to promote education, physical fitness, and recreational activities. In 1906 the society organized the first Melfort fair and by 1919 the fair had grown into a three day even. In 1918 boys and girls clubs were started and in 1954 a Youth Activities Building was developed by the society. The Melfort Agricultural Society has organized and been involved in numerous projects and activities in Melfort including: auction sales, flea markets, annual exhibitions, competitions, and parades.

Custodial history

The photographs were donated to the Melfort and District Museum by the Melfort Agricultural Society

Scope and content

The fonds contains 11 black and white photographs collected by the Melfort Agricultural Society. The photographs were taken in Melfort, Saskatchewan between 1953 and 1968. They include photographs of society members receiving lifetime memberships and of the Kealey family and farm.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script note

English

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

digitized version in on-site database

Restrictions on access

no restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

on-site database, accession ledger, source file

Associated materials

Related material: other objects available

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

996-426, 996-266

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres