Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1881, 1889 1953 (Creation)
- Moose Jaw Historical Society
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
A Moose Jaw Branch of the Provincial Historical Association was formed on September 18, 1940. The president was Mr. D. Watson, vice-president was Mrs. J. R. Green, the secretary was Agnes Rorison and the treasurer was Mrs. N. J. Bellamy.
Another configuration of the Moose Jaw Historical Society was formed under the Saskatchewan Societies Act in November of 1977. The Society's objectives are to preserve the history of building and of long-time residence of the City of Moose Jaw, through writings, photographs and artifacts.
The Executive Committee of the Society consists of the President, the immediate Past President, the vice-president, the Recording Secretary, the Correspondence Secretary, the Treasurer, the Publicity Director and the Program Director.
Past Presidents include Barry Elmer, Nancy Dunn, Maurice Wainright and Jerry Curtiss.
The most recent form of the Society was the Moose Jaw Heritage Society started by Glenda James.