Collection MJ-186 - King Edward School scrapbook collection

Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

King Edward School scrapbook collection

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Collection

Reference code

MJ-186

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1951 (Creation)
    Creation
    King Edward School
    Place
    Moose Jaw

Physical description area

Physical description

3.00 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1906-1999)

Administrative history

King Edward School opened in 1906 with two classrooms, however, the number of students in the area continued to grow and by 1912 the school had eight classrooms. Construction began again at the school in 1958, when an annex was built beside the original building. In 1978, a gymnasium was connected to the annex. In 1980, the original school building was demolished, however, the main entrance archway of the school was relocated to Crescent Park. King Edward School closed in 1999 due to declining enrollment.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This collection contains one oversize scrapbook mailed to King Edward School in 1951. The scrapbook was sent from St. Edmund’s School, Mansfield Woodhouse, Mansfield, Nottingham, Wales. The scrapbook was sent in response to King Edward School sending a scrapbook to St. Edmund’s School. The scrapbook includes pictures, drawings and information about the town and school.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

This material was donated to the archive by Bea Lett in 1987.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid and file list available. See attached finding aid.

Uploaded finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Conservation

This collection was re-boxed and refoldered in 2013.

Location note

Box OS-35

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres