Fundo Fonds197 - Justice and Webb Landscape Architects fonds

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Justice and Webb Landscape Architects fonds

Designação geral do material

Título paralelo

Outra informação do título

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

Nível de descrição

Fundo

Código de referência

Fonds197

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • 1954-[1974] (Produção)

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

architectural drawings
25 cm of textual records

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

Nome do produtor

História administrativa

Desmond Muirhead & Associates, the first Vancouver-based firm to specialize in landscape architecture, was formed in 1951.The firm was joined by landscape architect Clive Justice in 1953 and by artist Harry J. Webb in 1955. The firm's name was changed to Muirhead & Justice Landscape Architects, and later, after Muirhead left the company in the 1960s, to Justice & Webb Landscape Architects. John Vincent joined the company in the late 1970s, after which the company's name was changed to Justice, Webb & Vincent Landscape Architects. The company designed mainly single family gardens and landscapes until the mid-1950s, when it began gradually to include such projects as sites for swimming pools, cabanas and similar structures, municipal parks, school grounds, public buildings and streets, commercial areas and townhouses. In the mid-1960s the firm also began a long involvement in the design and development of standards for landscapes on concrete slabs over underground parking for apartment blocks and towers in Vancouver's West End, Kerrisdale and Oakridge. Some of the firm's notable projects included Park and Tilford Gardens in North Vancouver, the University of British Columbia's Botanical Gardens, the University of Saskatchewan grounds, the Van Dusen Gardens, the Workers' Compensation Board office in Richmond, and parts of Oakridge Mall. The firm was dissolved in October, 1985. Desmond Muirhead & Associates, the first Vancouver-based firm to specialize in landscape architecture, was formed in 1951.The firm was joined by landscape architect Clive Justice in 1953 and by artist Harry J. Webb in 1955. The firm's name was changed to Muirhead & Justice Landscape Architects, and later, after Muirhead left the company in the 1960s, to Justice & Webb Landscape Architects. John Vincent joined the company in the late 1970s, after which the company's name was changed to Justice, Webb & Vincent Landscape Architects. The company designed mainly single family gardens and landscapes until the mid-1950s, when it began gradually to include such projects as sites for swimming pools, cabanas and similar structures, municipal parks, school grounds, public buildings and streets, commercial areas and townhouses. In the mid-1960s the firm also began a long involvement in the design and development of standards for landscapes on concrete slabs over underground parking for apartment blocks and towers in Vancouver's West End, Kerrisdale and Oakridge. Some of the firm's notable projects included Park and Tilford Gardens in North Vancouver, the University of British Columbia's Botanical Gardens, the University of Saskatchewan grounds, the Van Dusen Gardens, the Workers' Compensation Board office in Richmond, and parts of Oakridge Mall. The firm was dissolved in October, 1985.

História custodial

Material from Justice Webb and Vincent Landscape Architects Ltd. was donated to the City of Vancouver Archives in 1993 and 1994; the City of Vancouver Archives subsequently transfered that portion of those records dealing with the University of Saskatchewan, to the University Archives in 1999.

Âmbito e conteúdo

Fonds consists of working files, correspondence, lists, plans, drawings, sketches and photographs pertaining to the planning and execution of landscaping at the U of S Saskatoon and Regina Campuses as well as St. Joseph College in Yorkton.

Zona das notas

Condição física

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Organização

Idioma do material

Script do material

Localização de originais

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Restrições de acesso

There are no restrictions

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Instrumentos de descrição

A finding aid is available

Materiais associados

Materiais relacionados

Ingressos adicionais

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Zona da incorporação

Assuntos relacionados

Pessoas e organizações relacionadas

Locais relacionados

Géneros relacionados