Fondo Fonds197 - Justice and Webb Landscape Architects fonds

Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad

Título apropiado

Justice and Webb Landscape Architects fonds

Tipo general de material

Título paralelo

Otra información de título

Título declaración de responsabilidad

Título notas

Nivel de descripción

Fondo

Código de referencia

Fonds197

Área de edición

Declaración de edición

Declaración de responsabilidad de edición

Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material

Mención de la escala (cartográfica)

Mención de proyección (cartográfica)

Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)

Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)

Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)

Área de fechas de creación

Fecha(s)

  • 1954-[1974] (Criação)

Área de descripción física

Descripción física

architectural drawings
25 cm of textual records

Área de series editoriales

Título apropiado de las series del editor

Títulos paralelos de serie editorial

Otra información de título de las series editoriales

Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales

Numeración dentro de la serie editorial

Nota en las series editoriales

Área de descripción del archivo

Nombre del productor

Historia administrativa

Desmond Muirhead & Associates, the first Vancouver-based firm to specialize in landscape architecture, was formed in 1951.The firm was joined by landscape architect Clive Justice in 1953 and by artist Harry J. Webb in 1955. The firm's name was changed to Muirhead & Justice Landscape Architects, and later, after Muirhead left the company in the 1960s, to Justice & Webb Landscape Architects. John Vincent joined the company in the late 1970s, after which the company's name was changed to Justice, Webb & Vincent Landscape Architects. The company designed mainly single family gardens and landscapes until the mid-1950s, when it began gradually to include such projects as sites for swimming pools, cabanas and similar structures, municipal parks, school grounds, public buildings and streets, commercial areas and townhouses. In the mid-1960s the firm also began a long involvement in the design and development of standards for landscapes on concrete slabs over underground parking for apartment blocks and towers in Vancouver's West End, Kerrisdale and Oakridge. Some of the firm's notable projects included Park and Tilford Gardens in North Vancouver, the University of British Columbia's Botanical Gardens, the University of Saskatchewan grounds, the Van Dusen Gardens, the Workers' Compensation Board office in Richmond, and parts of Oakridge Mall. The firm was dissolved in October, 1985. Desmond Muirhead & Associates, the first Vancouver-based firm to specialize in landscape architecture, was formed in 1951.The firm was joined by landscape architect Clive Justice in 1953 and by artist Harry J. Webb in 1955. The firm's name was changed to Muirhead & Justice Landscape Architects, and later, after Muirhead left the company in the 1960s, to Justice & Webb Landscape Architects. John Vincent joined the company in the late 1970s, after which the company's name was changed to Justice, Webb & Vincent Landscape Architects. The company designed mainly single family gardens and landscapes until the mid-1950s, when it began gradually to include such projects as sites for swimming pools, cabanas and similar structures, municipal parks, school grounds, public buildings and streets, commercial areas and townhouses. In the mid-1960s the firm also began a long involvement in the design and development of standards for landscapes on concrete slabs over underground parking for apartment blocks and towers in Vancouver's West End, Kerrisdale and Oakridge. Some of the firm's notable projects included Park and Tilford Gardens in North Vancouver, the University of British Columbia's Botanical Gardens, the University of Saskatchewan grounds, the Van Dusen Gardens, the Workers' Compensation Board office in Richmond, and parts of Oakridge Mall. The firm was dissolved in October, 1985.

Historial de custodia

Material from Justice Webb and Vincent Landscape Architects Ltd. was donated to the City of Vancouver Archives in 1993 and 1994; the City of Vancouver Archives subsequently transfered that portion of those records dealing with the University of Saskatchewan, to the University Archives in 1999.

Alcance y contenido

Fonds consists of working files, correspondence, lists, plans, drawings, sketches and photographs pertaining to the planning and execution of landscaping at the U of S Saskatoon and Regina Campuses as well as St. Joseph College in Yorkton.

Área de notas

Condiciones físicas

Origen del ingreso

Arreglo

Idioma del material

Escritura del material

Ubicación de los originales

Disponibilidad de otros formatos

Restricciones de acceso

There are no restrictions

Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación

Instrumentos de descripción

A finding aid is available

Materiales asociados

Materiales relacionados

Acumulaciones

Identificador/es alternativo(os)

Área de número estándar

Número estándar

Puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Puntos de acceso por autoridad

Tipo de puntos de acceso

Área de control

Área de Ingreso

Materias relacionadas

Personas y organizaciones relacionadas

Lugares relacionados

Tipos relacionados