Fonds Fonds 119 - University of Saskatchewan Faculty Club fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

University of Saskatchewan Faculty Club fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Fonds 119

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1927-1977 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

76.2 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Talk of starting a Faculty Club at the University of Saskatchewan started in 1921, but a club was not established until 1927. The centre for the club was a reading room in the administration building; and the club's major purpose became sponsoring a series of lectures by faculty members. Until 1947 it was for males only with the exception of one open meeting per year. Slowly, over the years, the club was also opened to other than faculty members: in 1937, government researchers were allowed to join; as were 'senior administrative personnel' in 1959; and by 1962, a degree was no longer a requirement of membership. In 1962, the club moved into the dean of Agriculture's house (its current location). On 19 May 1962, it was decided not to sponsor any more papers. From that point onward the club began to concentrate on providing food and drink. By 1974, 'most administrative officers' were permitted to join. The faculty club became a restaurant and bar on campus that secretaries, janitors, and students could not join. [Hayden, p.219-220].

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains minutes, auditor's reports, and information concerning the Faculty Club facilities; as well as correspondence; material on nominations, elections, and staff; policy; and constitution and bylaws of the Club.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available: file titles with descriptions.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres