View Archival institution
Saskatchewan Indian Cultural Centre
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Other form(s) of name
Geographical and cultural context
Mandates/Sources of authority
- To serve as a central repository for information pertaining to the language, culture, history and current issues of Saskatchewan First Nations.
- To provide a centralized source of information used by Saskatchewan First Nations,educators, students and citizens in general.
- To provide non-First Nations people with information about First Nations, in order to promote cross-cultural understanding and to foster an awareness of the uniqueness of First Nations.
- To promote First Nations information access and the improvement of library and information service to Saskatchewan First Nations.
Records management and collecting policies
Holdings include: monographs (45), reel to reel interviews (520), documents on various subjects (1000). Permission must be granted for access to reel to reel interviews because of sensitive subject matter. Monographs and documents may be used within library.
Extent: 1,000 items
Inclusive dates: 1850-1980
Finding aids, guides and publications
Access conditions and requirements
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
- Aboriginal Peoples (Thematic area)
- Arts and Culture (Thematic area)
- Education (Thematic area)
- Politics and Government (Thematic area)
- City of Saskatoon (Geographic region)