Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Homer and Grace Lane papers (A676.XVII.B).
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Lane, Grace H. (Grover)
- Lane, Homer Russell
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Name of creator
Homer Lane was a United Church minister, who served in several Saskatchewan congregations, including Carnduff, Weyburn, Carmichael (Regina), St. Andrew's (Moose Jaw), and Knox-Metropolitan (Regina).
Born in 1904, to Methodist parents, Lane studied Arts and Theology at United College, in Winnipeg, before pursuing post-graduate studies at Emmanuel College, Toronto, and receiving his Bachelor of Divinity Degree. He was ordained in 1929 and served as Boy's Work Secretary for Manitoba and Saskatchewan. He married Grace Grover in 1932. In addition to his other work, Lane also served as Assistant Secretary of the United Church Board of Evangelism and Social Services for the Prairie Region, and later became Associate Secretary of the Board. In 1950, he was elected President of Saskatchewan Conference. After his term, Lane was honoured with a Doctor of Divinity Degree from United College (Winnipeg).
Records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1940 and 1986. Their original provenance is unclear.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material