Title and statement of responsibility area
Flett, Dagmar fonds
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[192-] - [193-]. (Creation)
Physical description area
2 photographs : b&w.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Dagmar Flett (nee Nygaard) and twin brother Chris Nygaard were born January 31, 1908 in Denmark to Walter Christian Nygaard and Kristina Nygaard (nee Merk). The Nygaard family emmigrated from Denmark to the Belgrave, Saskatchewan district in May of 1914 when Dagmar was six years old. They were met by Dagmar's uncle Otto at the Melfort train station. Dagmar married James ("Jim") Flett on June 25, 1929, with whom she would have three children. Follwoing the marriage, the Fletts lived beside the livery barn on Saskatchewan Avenue across from the railway station. While living in this location, they had a taxi business which includedon car and a team of horses during the winter. This business was continued until 1939. At one point, the barn cought fire, but as only the loft was damaged, the lower level was still useable and the business was able to continue. During the 1940s, Dagmar managed the boarding house at the Melfort Experimental Farm. The Flett family moved to British Columbia in 1956, but returned to Melfort in 1992.
Scope and content
The fonds contians two black and white photographs from Dagmar Flett's personal collection. One photograph is of Melfort, Saskatchewan looking south over Saskatchewan Avenue, taken from an elevator in the 1920s. The second photograph depicts cabooses stopped at the Melfort livery stable, and was taken in the 1930s.
Immediate source of acquisition
Items donated by Dagmar Flett to Melfort & District Museum.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script note
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Digitized versions in on-site database.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright: Public Domain
On-site database, accession ledger, source file.
Related material: Related material available.
No further accruals.