Fundo F2 - Family Service Bureau of Regina fonds

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Family Service Bureau of Regina fonds

Designação geral do material

Título paralelo

Outra informação do título

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

Nível de descrição

Fundo

Código de referência

F2

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • 1913-1992 (Produção)

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

1.81 metres of textual records
6 photographs

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

Nome do produtor

História biográfica

The Bureau of Public Welfare was a private, voluntary organization established in Regina, Saskatchewan in 1913. The Bureau provided monetary relief to Regina citizens and coordinated the relief activities of various charity groups in the city. It also worked to rehabilitate criminals; prevent juvenile delinquency; promote child welfare and improve working conditions for women. In 1914, Regina City Council transferred responsibility for all relief administration to the Bureau. In 1918, the responsibility was given to the City Health Department and the Bureau of Public Welfare was abolished.

The economic depression of the 1930's necessitated the revival of the Bureau of Public Welfare. The Regina Welfare Bureau (as it was now called) was established in December, 1931 and incorporated under the provisions of The Benevolent Societies Act on June 10, 1946. The Bureau fostered the development of wholesome family life; and assisted families and individuals to return to or achieve a normal life and to take part in programs of the community for social betterment. On February 1, 1956, the Bureau changed its name to the Family Service Bureau of Regina to reflect its focus on family counseling. On May 22, 1998, the organization became known as Family Service Regina Incorporated.

Family Service Regina currently (2007) provides community services including counseling for families, couples, and individuals; the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP); teen and young parent programs; family violence programs; family education; marriage preparation; balancing work and family seminars; life skills programs; and community volunteer opportunities.

The Family Service Bureau's organizational structure, developed in 1931, includes a board of directors; president, first vice-president, second vice-president, secretary, and treasurer. The executive director manages the daily operations and oversees the counselors and program, financial and administrative staff.

História custodial

Rod McLeod, executive director of the Family Service Bureau of Regina (1976-1982) donated these records to the Regina office, Saskatchewan Archives in three accessions between 1981 and 1995: R81-599 (December 22, 1981); R85-529 (December 20, 1985); and R95-270 (September 15, 1995).

Âmbito e conteúdo

The fonds consists of records created, accumulated and used from 1913 to 1992 by the officers and staff of the Bureau of Public Welfare; the Regina Welfare Bureau and the Family Service Bureau of Regina.

The types of records included are correspondence, memoranda, agendas and minutes, annual reports, financial statements, statistics, briefs, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, intake books, by-laws, questionnaires, newsletters and photographs.

No series assignment has been applied to the records in this fonds.

Zona das notas

Condição física

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Organização

Arrangement imposed by archivist.

Idioma do material

Script do material

Localização de originais

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Restrições de acesso

These records are subject to access restrictions according to the terms of an agreement with the donor dated December 22, 1981. Please consult reference archivist for assistance.

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Use, publication and/or reproduction of records are subject to terms of an agreement with the donor and the conditions of the Copyright Act.

Instrumentos de descrição

SAFA 121 (old guide GR 245) consists of a fonds description and file listings of textual records. Item descriptions of photographs are available in the Historical Photographs (Regina) card catalogue.

Materiais associados

Related material: R-E1447 or S-F515: Let the Family Flourish: A History of the Family Service Bureau of Regina, 1913-1982 by James M. Pitsula. A copy of the Regina Welfare Bureau's 1949 annual report is located in the Ruth S. McGill fonds (R-936).

Materiais relacionados

Ingressos adicionais

Further accruals are expected.

Alpha-numeric designations

Other codes: Textual records: old guide GR 245 (R-603, R-1777); Photographs: R-B12537 to R-B12541 and R-B14113

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso - Nomes

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Zona da incorporação

Assuntos relacionados

Pessoas e organizações relacionadas

Locais relacionados

Géneros relacionados