Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
In 1912, resident ratepayers in the St. Denis, Saskatchewan district petitioned the Department of Education for the formation of a school district. Approval was granted and the Dinelle's Hill School District No. 1176 was established on August 23, 1912 pursuant to the provisions of the School Act. The responsibilities of the district board included selecting and acquiring a school site; contracting the building of the school; furnishing and maintaining the school and grounds, buildings and equipment; hiring qualified teachers; providing books, globes, maps and other supplies to students and teachers; administering grants; settling disputes and maintaining school records and accounts.
In 1913, the board of trustees borrowed $2000.00 to build and furnish a school house. The school was located at SE 27-36-1-W3. M. A. Beatrice Houde was the first teacher. On May 3, 1915, the name of the district was changed to Dinelle's School District No. 1176. After the school burned down on March 8, 1943, classes were held in a vacant house until a two room school was purchased and situated on the same site.
The duties and powers of the district board were revised when Dinelle's School District joined the Saskatoon (East) School Unit No. 41 on December 12, 1944. The school was permanently closed on June 30, 1961 and the district consolidated with Casavant School District No. 3127 to form the Casavant Central School Board, which administered a centralized school in the hamlet of St. Denis. Dinelle's School District was officially disorganized on July 24, 1973 and the lands from the district were consolidated with Vonda School District No. 1312 and Vonda Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 18.