Fonds Fonds 2037 - Department of Economics and Political Science

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Department of Economics and Political Science

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Fonds 2037

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1937-1965 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

0.13 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Social sciences courses in the College of Arts and Sciences emerged in varying combinations. Initially, Political Science was taught through the Department of Philosophy; Economics became a department in 1914. Political Science was established as a separate faculty in 1921 and functioned independently until 1946, when it was merged with Economics. An introductory class in Sociology was added to the Department of Economics and Political Science in 1946. Sociology developed into an independent department in 1958. Economics and Political Studies became separate departments in 1985. The following have served as head of the Department of Economics: L.C. Gray (1913-1915), W.W. Swanson (1916-1945); C. Gerrard (1985-1989); R.F. Lucas (1989- ). The following have served as head of the Department of Political Science (now Political Studies) : F.H. Underhill (1921-1927); R.M. Dawson (1927-1937); G.E. Britnell (1937-1945); D.J. Heasman (1985-1991); H.J. Michelmann (1991- ). The following served as head of the combined Department of Economics and Political Studies: G.E. Britnell (1945-1961); A.E. Safarian (1961-1966); R.W. Kautz (1966-1969); L.F. Kristjanson (1969-1975); R.G. Beck (1975-1978); J.C.Stabler (1978-1979); K. Lal (1979-1984); J. Steeves (1985).

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains correspondence and memoranda relating to the administration of the Department of Economics and Political Science. Included is correspondence with Regina College, other universities, and the provincial government. Also included is material relating to the formation of the Institute for Northern Studies and the administration of the M.J. Coldwell Essay Competition.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Personal material relating to faculty, staff and students is restricted.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available: file title list only.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area