Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously identified as Cypress Hills Presbytery sub-series (A.381.XI.D.6).
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- United Church of Canada Cypress Hills Presbytery
- Files pre-date but likely collected by Cypress Hills Presbytery.
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Cypress Hills Presbytery was created, in 1959, from the merger of Swift Current Presbytery and the part of Assiniboia Presbytery west of Highway 19.
In 2000, Saskatchewan Conference went from 10 presbyteries to 7, with each adopting a new name. Most pastoral charges from Cypress Hills Presbytery became part of the new Chinook Presbytery.
Most records in the fonds were likely transferred to the archives between 1925 and 1986, with later additions brought in ca.2018. Their original provenance is unclear, though administrative and committee records may have come directly from presbytery secretaries, committee members, delegates or other associated individuals.
From 1925 through to 1982, the official repository for Conference, Presbytery and local records of the United Church in Saskatchewan was at St. Andrew’s College (Saskatoon). In 1982, the Conference signed an agreement to house their records with the Saskatchewan Archives Board (later Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan), while still retaining ownership and management responsibilities. The collections were gradually relocated and continue to be stored with the Provincial Archives, to the present day.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material