Fonds RG 2118 - College of Pharmacy and Nutrition fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

College of Pharmacy and Nutrition fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

RG 2118

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1890-2015, predominant 1958-1976 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

8.8 m of textual records, graphic materials, and architectural and technical drawings.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1921-1994)

Administrative history

Following passage of the Saskatchewan Pharmacy Act in 1911, the newly incorporated Saskatchewan Pharmaceutical Association requested the University of Saskatchewan undertake the training and examination of pharmacists. A School within the College of Arts and Science was established in 1913 and the following year, 22 students enrolled in a one-year certificate program following a three-year apprenticeship. In 1921 the School became a College offering a four-year course leading to a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. Three years later the certificate program was extended to two years. In 1946 the four-year BSP was a requirement for license in Saskatchewan. In 1987 a Division of Nutrition and Dietetics was established in the College of Pharmacy. Prior to this, Nutrition and Dietetics had been offered in the College of Home Economics. In 1994, the College was renamed the College of Pharmacy and Nutrition. The following individuals have served as Dean: A. Campbell [Director], (1913-1921); A. Campbell (1921-1926); E.L. Woods [Acting] (1926-1928); E.L. Woods (1928-1946); W.C. MacAulay (1946-1976); B.R. Schnell (1976-1982); J.L. Blackburn (1983-1997); E.M. Hawes [Acting] (1997-1998); D.J.K. Gordecki (1998- ).

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains material relating to the students, faculty and administration of the College of Pharmacy. These records, which consist of correspondence, minutes, reports, memoranda and clippings, include material relating to national and provincial professional associations, pharmaceutical organizations, publications and research.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

This fonds is organized alphabetically.

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Personal material relating to faculty, staff, and students is restricted.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aids available: file title lists only.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area