Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
In July 1913, a committee of ratepayers in the Vonda, Saskatchewan district petitioned the Department of Education for the formation of a school district. At a meeting held by the committee on August 11, 1913, 10 resident ratepayers voted in favor of the district; none was opposed. The trustees elected were Clotere Denis, Emile Casavant and W. Richard.
Casavant School District No. 3127 was officially established on September 22, 1913 in accordance with the provisions of the Schools Act. The responsibilities of the district board included selecting and acquiring a school site; contracting the building of the school; furnishing and maintaining the school and grounds, buildings and equipment; hiring qualified teachers; providing books, globes, maps and other supplies to students and teachers; administering grants; settling disputes and maintaining school records and accounts.
In December, 1913, the Board of Trustees borrowed $1800 to build and furnish a school house with a teachers' residence. The one room school house was located at NW 23-37-1-W3.
The duties and powers of the district board were revised when Casavant School District joined the Wakaw School Unit No. 48 in 1952. The rural school was closed in June, 1961. On September 1, 1961, Casavant School District was transferred to the Saskatoon (East) School Unit No. 41. Casavant and Dinelle's School District No. 1176 were consolidated to form the Casavant Central School Board, which administered a centralized school located in the hamlet of St. Denis.
On July 24, 1973, Casavant School District was disestablished and the lands from the Casavant district were consolidated with Vonda School District No. 1312 and Vonda Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 18.