Title and statement of responsibility area
Carlson, Albert fonds
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1905 - [ca. 1955], predominant [ca. 1930 - 1940] (Creation)
Physical description area
24 photographs : photographic copies, b&w.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Albert Edward Carlson was born December 18, 1929 to John Edward Carlson and Helen ("Nellie") Elizabeth Carlson (nee Deighton) on the SE 1/4 of 30-45-20. He received his education at Kirkton School. When he was young, Albert would help his father at the farm until winter, at which point he would work elsewhere. At age 16, he went to La Pas Lumber Camp at Carrot River, Saskatchewan with John Ericson and Ernest Hendrickson. Another winter, he drove caterpillar at Meyers Camp in the bush. In 1952, Albert worked on the Lynne Lake railroad at Sheridon, Manitoba. Albert took over the family farm after the death of his father in 1953. In 1957, he married Audrey Carlson (nee Johnson) at the Zion Lutheran Church in Kinistino, Saskatchewan. They had five children.
Scope and content
The collection contains 24 photographic reproductions of original photographs of members of the John Carlson family, local farming activities, and farm equipment. Several depict views of Melfort in early states of development. Historically significant images include that of a Mr. and Mrs. Bagshaw at "Melfort House" in the U.K.
Immediate source of acquisition
Items donated by Albert Carlson to Melfort & District Museum.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script note
Location of originals
Albert Carlson currently holds the original photographs.
Availability of other formats
Digitized versions in on-site database.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Copyright: Public Domain
On-site database, accession ledger, source file
Related material: Related material available.
No further accruals anticipated.
The reproductions were made by the Melfort & District Museum in approximately 1996.
998-041, 998-049, 2203-043