Fonds A101 - Canadian Catholic Historical Association fonds

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Canadian Catholic Historical Association fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

A101

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1933-1992 (Production)

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

2.8 m of textual records

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

Histoire administrative

The Canadian Catholic Historical Association, a national organization of Catholic historians and others interested in the preservation and study of Catholic Church history in Canada was founded as an offspring of the American Catholic Historical Association in 1933 by a committee made up of James Francis Kenney, Chief Justice F.R. Latchford and the Rev. J.B. O'Reilly. At first it was envisaged as an association which would include both French and English sections within one organization. The CCHA membership meets once a year with the Learned Societies, publishes a refereed journal CCHA Historical Studies, which includes a "Current Bibliography of Canadian Church History," and publishes the CCHA Bulletin semi-annually.

Historique de la conservation

The files were kept in various places over the years until 1977-1985, during which time they were gathered together by Fr. Alphonse de Valk, CSB and housed at St. Thomas More College in what is now known as the Anglin Collection of Canadian Catholic Church History. Since then, archival materials have been sent by past executive members from time to time to St. Thomas More College in Saskatoon. At its annual meeting in Kingston in 1991, the CCHA designated the Anglin Collection Archives of St. Thomas More College as the official repository of the records of the English section of the CCHA.

Portée et contenu

This fonds includes correspondence, minutes, manuscripts, Kenney research materials, bulletins, reports, constitution, brochures, information dealing with executive and annual meetings, and membership lists.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

The materials in the fonds have been left in the order they were in when processing began in 1992, with a few exceptions which have been duly noted.

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

No restrictions to access.

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

File lists are available.

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Further accruals are expected.

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés