Bjorkdale (Sask.) ,1968-

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Bjorkdale (Sask.) ,1968-

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Bjorkdale is an urban municipality which was founded as a town in 1928 and later incorporated as a village on April 1, 1968. Bjorkdale is an agricultural based community in the eastern central part of Saskatchewan, approximately 170 kilometres south east of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. It is located on NE 14-43-12 in the Rural Municiplaity of Bjorkdale No. 426.

The town of Bjorkdale was named for Charles Bjork, of Sweden, who settled two miles east of the present townsite in 1904.

The village is governed by an elected council that can hire staff to manage daily administration and maintain municipal services, such as roads, utilities and recreation facilities. The responsibilities of the council include enforcing bylaws; waste collection/landfill; fire protection; maintaining public utilities, roads and streets; issuing tax and assessment notices and collecting taxes and other fees.

The village currently (2009) has a population of 201 and is administered by a mayor, two councilors and an administrator.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC