Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[1909?], 1914-1915 (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Bertha W. Durrant (nee Palmer) was born in 1912 in Keeler, Saskatchewan to William Enoch and Leila Palmer. From 1914 to 1918, William Palmer was the manager of the farm in the Tuxford, Saskatchewan district owned by Lieutenant Colonel George S. Tuxford, commanding officer of the 5th Canadian Battalion (Western Cavalry) Saskatchewan Regiment. William Palmer later operated his own farm in the Keeler district.
Around 1948, Bertha Durrant moved to Campbell River, British Columbia, where she resided until her death on December 7, 1998.
Bertha Durrant was married to Jesse Charles Durrant. They had two children: Kenneth and Muriel. Jesse Charles Durrant, who died in 1976, was the son of Jesse and Rhoda Durrant, homesteaders in the Elbow, Saskatchewan district (NW 23-24-5-W3).
Scope and content
This collection consists of a small volume of records accumulated by Bertha Durrant, formerly of Keeler, Saskatchewan. The records date from [1909?], 1914 and 1915.
This collection consists of a booklet relating to the activities of the 5th Battalion (Western Cavalry) Saskatchewan Regiment ca. 1915 sent to Bertha Durrant's parents by Lieutenant Colonel George S. Tuxford. Also included are two photographs from 1914 and 1915 of the farm owned by George S. Tuxford in the Tuxford, Saskatchewan district and one photograph of Jesse and Rhoda Durrant's sod house in the Elbow, Saskatchewan district.