Saskatoon Arena Limited

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Collectivité

Forme autorisée du nom

Saskatoon Arena Limited

Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

  • Arena Rink

Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

Zone de description

Dates d'existence

1936 - 1956

Historique

In 1936, a group of Saskatoon business men began a campaign to raise funds to build an artificial ice ring for the City. In 1937 they formed the Saskatoon Arena Limited with L.D. Peterkin as President and R.J. Norman Couch as Managing Secretary. The campaign raised about $50,000 from shareholders subscriptions and $13,000 from the City and the province in the form of relief payments. The Collegiate Board agreed to sell the site in return for a 10 year guarantee of free hockey and skating time for school children. The cornerstone was laid on 18 September and the first game was played on 30 October 1937. The facility was run by Saskatoon Arena Limited until 1956 at which time it was leased by the City. In 1958 the City purchased the rink outright

Lieux

Statut juridique

Fonctions et activités

Textes de référence

Organisation interne/Généalogie

Contexte général

Zone des relations

Zone des points d'accès

Occupations

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la notice d'autorité

SCAA-CSA-

Identifiant du service d'archives

SCNCSA

Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue(s)

Écriture(s)

Sources

Notes relatives à la mise à jour de la notice

  • Presse-papier

  • Exporter

  • EAC