Saskatoon Arena Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Saskatoon Arena Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

  • Arena Rink

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1936 - 1956

History

In 1936, a group of Saskatoon business men began a campaign to raise funds to build an artificial ice ring for the City. In 1937 they formed the Saskatoon Arena Limited with L.D. Peterkin as President and R.J. Norman Couch as Managing Secretary. The campaign raised about $50,000 from shareholders subscriptions and $13,000 from the City and the province in the form of relief payments. The Collegiate Board agreed to sell the site in return for a 10 year guarantee of free hockey and skating time for school children. The cornerstone was laid on 18 September and the first game was played on 30 October 1937. The facility was run by Saskatoon Arena Limited until 1956 at which time it was leased by the City. In 1958 the City purchased the rink outright

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

SCAA-CSA-

Institution identifier

SCNCSA

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC